Sultana Hookah Lounge New Jersey
You may like Chicken Korma
This Chicken Korma Recipe is based on traditional, mild North Indian recipe. An unforgettable dish when served on a bed of pilau rice with some Peshwari naan.
1.4kg/3lb whole chicken, cut into pieces
150g/5¼oz ghee or clarified butter
2 large onions, peeled and sliced
1 tsp chilli powder
4 tsp onion powder
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 tbsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp dried ground ginger
10 black peppercorns
6 cardamom pods, ground
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 tsp salt
300ml/10½fl oz natural yoghurt
3 bay leaves
300ml/10½fl oz chicken stock or water
1 lemon, juice only
1. Melt the ghee or clarified butter in a large pan and fry the onions until golden brown.
2. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and put to one side.
3. Add all the spices and the garlic to the pan and fry until brown, then throw in the chicken and salt and cook until browned.
4. Add the yoghurt, bay leaves and stock or water and return the fried onions to the pan.
5. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for one and a half to two hours, until the chicken is tender.
6. Remove the pan from the heat, pour in the lemon juice and mix well.
7. Remove the bay leaves and serve with plain boiled rice.