Thai Green Chicken Curry Recipe. One of Thailand’s most renowned dishes, this spicy and colourful curry looks wonderful on the plate and goes perfectly with white Jasmine rice. Delight in our Thai Green Chicken Curry recipe.
500g skinless, boneless chicken (in bite sized pieces)
1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Green curry paste
1 tablespoon Palm sugar
1-2 stalks Thai Lemongrass
6-8 Fresh Kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces
200g Thai Eggplant
400ml (1 can) Coconut milk
2 tablespoon of Thai fish sauce
Small handful of Thai Coriander, roughly chopped
Thai Basil and Thai Red Chillies (optional)
1. Cut the chicken up into smallish bite size pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the green curry paste and sugar and cook over a fairly high heat for about a minute, stirring with the lemongrass.
3. Add the coconut milk slowly, and continue to stir while cooking until a thin film of oil appears on the surface.
4. Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the chicken and other ingredients except the eggplant. Bring to a boil and cook until the chicken begins to change colour. Adjust the flavours to suit yourself.
5. When it is at a boil again add the eggplant and continue till the chicken is cooked through.
6. The curry is now best left to sit for a few minutes so the sauce becomes creamier. You will also taste the true flavours of the curry paste ingredients when it’s slightly cooler.
7. Garnish with Thai basil and chopped Thai red chilli. Serve with lots of fragrant Thai jasmine rice.